The idea of eating healthy becomes a reality if you have a Vitamix. What can you make in a Vitamix? The list may be surprising if you are not familiar with a Vitamix Blender. Oh but it’s so much more than a blender!
Of course you can make smoothies. This is what you may think of when you think of a blender. If you like to make smoothies, you will want to check out:
Soups and smoothies
This cookbook by Julie Morris is chock full of 100 recipes that are nutrient rich superfoods. There is nothing better than to nourish your body with superfoods. Get healthier and vitalize yourself with superfood smoothies.
Julie Morris is author of the Superfood Kitchen and considered a Superfood expert.
Yes smoothies are great and I love them but what else can you make with a Vitamix? What about soups? I love creamy soups made in the Vitamix. The blade warms the soup from friction. That’s just an added bonus!
Soups are also awesome and so easy to make with a Vitamix. I found some great soup recipes in this Vitamix cookbook.
Uncommon things to make in a Vitamix
There are so many other things you can make with a Vitamix that some of these may surprise you. However, it’s true and so easy. Can you believe it? You can make so many foods. The Vitamix Cookbook by Jodi Berg has 250 whole food recipes.
- dips and spreads
- Nut Butters
- Ice cream and frozen treats
- Cakes and baking
- Breads and dough
- Non Dairy milks
- Baby food
- Dressings and marinades
- Side dishes
- Gluten Free – The specialty diets are very common today. A lot of folks are sensitive to gluten besides those who may have Celiac disease and can’s have gluten. You may want to try a gluten free diet just to see if you are sensitive to it especially if you have stomach problems and can’t figure out what exactly is causing you lproblems.
- High Fiber – Everyone needs fiber. You and I need about 14 grams of fiber for every 1000 calories we take in. So if you eat about 2000 calories per day that means you need 28 grams of fiber. Sometimes it is hard to get that fiber if you are not eating clean and healthy. A very good way is to use your Vitamix blender and blend up some fiber! You may even be on a High fiber diet that your doctor put you on. It is so easy to get extra fiber when you have a Vitamix.
- High Protein – You can also use your Vitamix for high protein diets. Protein is the building blocks of muscle. As we age we lose muscle. Muscle loss begins early too. When you hit 30 is when it begins. It really accelerates past 50. So make sure you get enough protein as you age and keep your muscles strong with resistance exercises. You can read my post on muscle loss here.
- Low Cholesterol – A low cholesterol diet – We need cholesterol for out bodies to function properly. However, too much cholesterol can build up and clog our arteries. A low cholesterol diet is important for those with heart disease. Juicing with a Vitamix is a great way to get low cholesterol foods and help to actually lower your cholesterol.
- Low fat – A low fat diet is also important for those with heart disease. Lowering your fat intake especially saturated fat is also good for those trying to lose weight.
- Low sodium – A low sodium diet is also important when you have heart disease. Sodium holds water in your body.
- No added Sugar – Getting off of sugar is hard for some folks. Your body gets used to having it and you crave it when you don’t have it. However,once you get off of it, the cravings subsides and you are feeling good and are much healthier for it.
- Raw Foods – You can make raw foods easily in the Vitamix. Some folks are on strict raw food diet. It is claimed to be very a healthy diet.
- Vegan – If you are a vegan, a Vitamix is a great tool to have. In a vegan diet there is no meat or dairy. It can be a challenge to get all required vitamins and amino acids but the Vitamix makes it easy.
- Vegatarian – A vegetarian diet has no meat but can have dairy.
What’s so great about a vitamix
What is so great about a Vitamix? The Vitamix can blend anything. It has a 2hp motor. It’s the blender that professional kitchens and restaurants use. You don’t have to wonder if it will blend because you know it will. That’s why so many are willing to pay $$ for a Vitamix. If you want a powerful machine that will stand up to the task whatever you hand it, you want a Vitamix. You can get a reconditioned model and save $100 or more. I recommend the Vitamix 5200. You get a full 5 year warranty.
Black Bean Burgers
1 16 oz can of Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
1 carrot (shredded)
3 gloves garlic (minced)
1/2 cup corn fresh or frozen (thawed)
1/2 cup panko style bread crumbs
1/4 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
1 tablespoon cumin powder
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Place all ingredients into blender. Pulse on and off on speed 8 several times. Press ingredients down towards blade using a tamper. Pulse a few more times.
Remove bean mixture from blender and place in bowl. Form into 4 patties.
Place patties onto lightly greased baking sheet. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 10 minutes. Flip and bake another 10 minutes. Enjoy!
The Vitamix can be used to make fresh healthy food for you and your family. There are a lot of recipe books to choose from that have every type of diet and healthy super foods along with scrumptious healthy desserts.
I like to freeze bananas and strawberries. I sprinkle the strawberries with a little sugar (could leave it out) Mix then place in Vitamix. Blend for 1 minute with the bananas. This makes creamy delicious ice cream.
There is so much you can do with a Vitamix blender. What can you make in a Vitamix? Just use your imagination. If you want to get inspired you can get one of these great Vitamix recipe cookbooks.
Have a comment? I would love to hear from you.