Going on a diet can be a good thing if want to shed some pounds but more often than not the pounds come right back on soon after you stop dieting. I don’t know about you but dieting is not my strong suit. To lose weight and no diet is a dream for most folks. Is it for you? I don’t want to be hungry (I have little willpower).
What I find works for me is keeping a scale handy and weigh every other or every third day. This is one of the things I do to keep slim and trim and continue to fit into my clothes!
How to lose weight and no diet?
I have heard so many people say that a weight loss diet was successful for them, but then the weight came back later. So what
will it take to change eating habits and lifestyle?
For me, it is a lifestyle to always think about my weight. I have always been this way. Since I have gotten older, I gain weight so much more easily.
If you too gain weight easy, it is very important that you take control of your eating habits. Once you do, you will be so surprised how easy it can become to stay at a weight that you like and is healthy for you.
Easy formula to lose weight
The ideal weight you want to be multiplied by 10.
Not active? add 300
Active – add 600
Example – ideal weight = 150; 150 x 10 = 1500 not active so add 300 = 1800 calories per day.
So you would eat 600 calories per meal. (1800 divided by 3)
Once your ideal weight is reached, increase the calories to stop losing but continue to count calories. It is very important to know about how many calories you are eating every day.
Take into consideration your age, sex, and health. With age, metabolism slows down.
Counting calories is always been a way to lose weight. The key is to KEEP counting. It’s a lifestyle thing. A habit. It doesn’t have to be perfect but have a good idea of how many calories you are eating at every meal. If you don’t know the calorie count of a particular food it is usually very easy to find.
The Best Diet (no diet) to lose weight and keep it off
This is a good way to lose weight. Just do these 10 things and the weight should come off and stay off. You will begin a new routine and habit and be so much healthier to boot.
The 10 things you need to do to lose weight and keep it off
- Diet is 60 – 70% of your outcome if your aim is to trim belly fat and get super abs.
- Concentrate on proteins and good fats for the largest portion of your daily meal intake of calories. Think of proteins and good fats as the “meat and potatoes” of your diet.
- Limit carbohydrates. Make the right choices of carbohydrates. Some good choices are whole grain oats, brown rice, steel cut oats, Quinoa, and sweet potatoes are some examples.
- Consistency is key for exercise training. Work out 4 – 5 days per week. 2 -3 days strength training and interval training for cardio.
- Mix cardio interval training with your specific ab exercises. Get your heart rate up to boost your metabolism.
- Drink a lot of water each day. Try to get in 3 liters.
- Get enough sleep. Studies have shown that if you don’t get enough sleep you will overeat by 300 calories per day.
- Chew your food well, eat slow. It takes 20 minutes for your brain to get the message you are full.
- Drink green tea or mix green tea with chai spice tea. Drink it every day
- Limit simple sugar and carbonated sugary drinks and alcohol. Use a tall thin glass and trick your brain into thinking you drank more.
If you do these 10 things on a consistent basis, you will lose that belly fat and feel great. This is how to lose weight fast with diet and exercise. It is also the best diet to lose weight and keep it off.
Remember, it takes 3 weeks to create a new habit.
How to create that habit of eating healthy. Here are some things you could incorporate:
- Make an “event” of at least one meal a day. What I mean by that is as you are concentrating on the protein and good fats, make it special. For example, set the table, light candles, enjoy the meal with someone you love. I can picture a meal like grilled fish and fresh vegetables and a small glass of wine.
- Eat more often during the day. Small crunchy snacks like apples, celery, snap peas and nuts. The crunch is satisfying and it keeps your mouth busy.
- Always read nutrition labels. You are always looking at the calorie content but also the bad (saturated fats), any added sugar. Plus, the longer the list of ingredients, the more likely there is something in there you don’t want like artificial ingredients.
- Eat non processed foods. Ask yourself if you could grow it. A good tip is to shop around the edges of the store as they tend to place all the processed foods in the middle. The more processing a food goes through, the fewer nutrients and fiber there is in it.
- Don’t eat in front of the TV or computer. That could lead to mindless eating and overeating. Be mindful when you eat and you won’t overeat.
Lose weight and no diet – Portion Control
If you can manage to eat the same foods you now eat and cut the portions in half or quarters, you would most likely lose weight and lose it fast. This is another way to lose weight and no diet. Some ways to master portion control:
- share a meal when eating out or only order the appetizer for your meal.
- Trade your soda out for water with lemon or unsweetened ice tea with lemon.
- eat on a saucer instead of a plate.
- Cut your sandwich in half and eat only that portion
- eat fruit for dessert or cut your dessert in half
- eat several small healthy “snacks” instead of big meals.
- drink a lite smoothie in place of a meal.
Just doing these simple changes can help your trim belly fat and inches. It just takes a little heart and mind to do it. It’s all about
changing habits. Eating less is the key to losing weight. It’s really that simple. Get moving with portion control.
My Favorite Low to No Calorie Foods
Have you heard of the “Cabbage diet”? I have not been on it myself, but my sister gets on it once in a while to drop pounds fast. However, she always gains back the weight.
This is my version of fixing cabbage as one of my meals. Cabbage is low calorie and super good for you. It’s smothered cabbage and it’s delicious.
1 head of cabbage
salt and pepper to taste
large chopped onion
garlic (as much as you like)
Olive oil or 1 tablespoon chopped uncooked bacon
Use a heavy large pot and saute the onion and garlic until soft using the olive oil. If you are using the bacon, cook the bacon first until the oil is in the pan, then add the onion and garlic.
Slice the cabbage anyway you like it and add it to the pot. Put a top on the pot and cook on medium heat stirring every now and then.
The cabbage will brown and reduce as the water is cooked out of it. Make sure it’s not sticking to the bottom of the pot by stirring often. If you want, you can add a little chicken broth or water if needed.
Cook until cabbage is reduced and savory the way you like it. I like mine smothered down and a little brown.
To lose weight and no diet is the best way to lose unwanted pounds. If you do it this way, you are changing your eating habits and you will keep the weight off long term. If you have health concerns it is a good idea to also track your activity with a fitness tracker.
Have you lost weight without a diet? A “no diet” way to lose weight? If so I would love to hear it. Please leave me a comment below.