If you want to get you abdominal muscles strong, firm and in shape fast try this easy ab workout routine for women at home. These moves don’t take a lot of time and they actually work wonders on your lower abs.
With the added benefit of a change in eating habits, you can get strong super lean abs at home. If you need something to help you push the plate back read my review of Capsiplex and my review of Green Tea Fat burner.
The Best Lower Ab Routine
This is the best routine to get your abs in shape really quickly. Try to do this routine everyday. If you miss a day it’s ok just get back on tract. That’s the key, do them often preferably each and every day.
The abdominal muscles are the only muscles in your body that benefit from exercising every day. You can also wear an ab belt while doing housework or daily chores.
The focus is on the lower abdominal area where women over 50 tend to get the “pooch”
- Leg Lifts – Lye on your back and keep you lower back on the floor. While keeping your lower back on the floor, lift your legs then lower them. Do this slow and controlled. Your hands are at your side palms down on the floor. Do 15 to 20 repetitions.
- Planks – For this one start on your knees and elbows with your body in a straight line then lift onto your toes if you are able. You may do this on your knees but if you want more (and more works) get on your toes and elbows. Keep your buttocks low. Your body is in a straight line. Hold for as long as you can.
- A great variation of the plank is to turn to the side bringing one arm up elbow bent. You can start on the side of the knees if you can stay on your feet. Do 4 – 6 repetitions on each side or more if you are able.
These 2 moves may be difficult at first and if you are not used to working out your abdominal muscles. Keep working at it and it gets easier. Work for what you want, it’s worth it. You are building beautiful abs.
- Once you master these two planks. Try raising the top leg when you are on your side. Raise hand to the ceiling on on you hip at the same time. This move is advanced but very effective if you can manage it. practice, practice, practice. If you tend to lose balance place hand on elbow. Hold.
The plank and variations I have given you so far are excellent to do daily. It shouldn’t take you very long to do these moves. Maybe 5 -10 minutes.
Want more? Alternating side leg plank
- Do the basic plank bringing each leg out to side alternating legs. Do as many repetitions as you can or 15 – 20.
- Variation – legs stable get up on hands then walk hands to one side then middle then the other side. Do as many as you can.
Want even more? Alternating arm and leg plank
Do a plank then raise up on hands. Reach with right hand straight out while lifting left leg. Alternate to left hand straight out and right leg lifted.Go on add my favorite: The Mountain Climber.
These will be very hard if you haven’t practiced. However, with practice, makes perfect – Abs that is! The plank is the best in my opinion to get your lower abdomen to pull in and become firm and flat.
The time you hold and make each move should increase each time you do these. The goal is to fatigue the muscle. Each exercise or variation works different muscle fibers. You can also ad an ab roller if you want to rev it up and get those sexy beach abs.
I hope you do these and your new flat super looking abs! If you have any variation to add or a comment about this article on ab workout routine for women at home, I would love to hear from you. Just leave me a comment below.
Related: Review of Yoga Burn